• CALL: (08) 9228 0988

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does settlement normally cost?

Experience has taught us that no two Settlements are the same. So, we believe in giving you a quality service at an affordable price that matches your needs. Simply contact us for a competitive quote including estimated Statutory charges such as Transfer Duty, Title Search fees, Landgate Registration fees, Water and Council rates, Account Enquiry fees and Strata Certificate (where applicable). Contact us for more information.

I would love to appoint you, what's next?

Great! We can’t wait to work with you. Simply call us to let us know and we will send you the appropriate paperwork. You can also call the Real Estate Agent and ask them to send us the Contract, or send it to us with all the annexures attached and we will get straight to work.

I am selling my property - how do I remove the mortgage?

No problem – but remember, this is one thing your Settlement Agent CANNOT do on your behalf. Simply contact your Lender as soon as you have accepted the offer. They will ask you to complete and sign an authority form to discharge the mortgage and deal with your loan/s as you require. Processing of a discharge authority form can take as long as 3 weeks, so the sooner you contact your Lender, the better. And don’t forget to tell them who your Settlement Agent is!

Do I have to personally attend settlement?

No, we will handle all of that for you. Most Settlements these days are fully electronic anyway.

Do I have to come to your office?

Conveyancers in WA must now undertake a 100 point ID check on all Clients – so if convenient, you will need to attend our office at least once during the Settlement process. Most other paperwork can then be dealt with via Australia Post, but if you cannot come in we are always happy to discuss alternative options.

Do I have to have smoke alarms installed in order to sell my property?

Yes. New Electricity Regulations introduced in August 2009 make it mandatory for at least two Residual Current Devices (safety switches) and mains-powered Smoke Alarm/s (10 years old or less) to be installed before a residential property can be leased or sold.
We will make enquiries during the Settlement process regarding compliance.

Can you help with the first home owners grant?

We are more than happy to provide general advice on the FHOG, however, you can also visit this site to find out more.

Can you help with foreign investment board approval?

We are happy to provide general advice on this matter. More information can also be found at the Foreign Investment Review Board website, or by calling Foreign Investment Review Board (02) 6263 3795 9.00-12.30 and 13.30-1700 AEST Mon-Fri.

I am buying a property outside WA, can you act as my Settlement Agent?

We would love to – unfortunately however, we are only licensed to carry out Settlements in Western Australia, Christmas Island and the Cocos-Keeling Islands. For interstate properties, you will need to contact a Solicitor or Conveyancer based in that State or Territory.

What if I work away or am going overseas before my property settles?

Please let us know about any work rosters or dates of travel in the period leading up to Settlement so that we can plan accordingly and get all the documentation signed before you leave. This way we can ensure that there are no delays.